This week in my EDCI 336 class, we tried our hand at screen recording. Doing this, I created a short video about using the website Unsplash.

You can view my creation below.

My Screencastify on using Unsplash.

It was super interesting to me to try this. My mind automatically goes to the COVID-19 pandemic when all schooling had to go online. Educators were forced to move to using technology solely to deliver their classes. While we have returned more closely to the style of delivery before the pandemic, some have included some of the things that they have learned and used while online.

I or other educators may not have to return to teaching online, there are other opportunities where these skills can be used. I can see this being used to help keep students who miss classes up to date as well as helping students that require other supports. This could include students who are deaf or hard of hearing and being able to see captions, students who need information being repeated or slowed down to understand, or educating others at home and showing what they are learning at school.

While it does take some time to create, I do think there are a lot of benefits by using it and creating these resources for students.